Klik Nih...

Followers

Nuff

Monday, April 27, 2009

Being Adult


I like this story....


My fve-year old son's approach was innocent enough. "Dad, can I have a story?"
"Sure," I said. "But only one and you must go to sleep." He made himself comfortable while I flipped through a storybook, looking for the shortest story. I began to read.
"Jack and Jill went up the hill to ...."
"Why, Dad?" my son asked.
"Why what, son?"
"Why did they go up the hill?" he asked again innocently.
The answer was in the book, so I continued. "To fetch a pail of water. Jack fell...."
"Why, Dad? Why did they fetch a pail of water?"
That was a slightly more difficult question. If I remember correctly, in those days, there was no piped water and taps. "They had to take it home because in those days they didn't have any plumbing." I continued quickly, "Jack fell down and broke his crown and....."
"Why did he fall down, Dad?"
"His shoelace was not tied. He tripped and fell."
"Dad?"
"What?" I asked, trying to stay calm. "What's a crown?"
My head was beginning to ache. "His head. He fell down and broke his head."
" How Dad? Did he fall on his head?"
I counted to ten. I wanted to scream at Hans Christian Andersen for writing this story. I took a deep breath and continued, "Yes, he fell on his head and it broke."
"Would I break my head if I fell down?" my son asked.........

(adapted from: Gusto/Grammar Workout KBSM Form 2,
Kok Ming Wai & Sugguna Munusamy, 2006)



Sweet sangat citer ni. betapa sabarnya seorang ayah nak melayan anak...teringat zaman kanak-kanak dulu. But now, I plak jadi orang dewasa. Mende-mende cenggini la yang aku selalu hadapi depan anak murid aku. tanya soalan pelik-pelik..


Kekadang tu.. aku tak paham pe yang mereka cakap walau pun dalam bahasa melayu. ada yang nakal, ada yang bercinta...bayangkan umur 12 tahun dah pandai bercinta. bagi surat-menyurat, konflik percintaan la dan macam-macam lagi. Advance betul budak skrg nie...


ok..aku dah ngantuk la..

bye..







No comments: